Who we are
HMR Publications Group
Our website address is: https://educationaladvertisingawards.com.
HMR Publications Group understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1) Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our Site.
- “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by our Site when you visit certain parts of our Site and/or when you use certain features of our Site.
2) Information about HMR Publications Group
- Our Site is owned and operated by HEALTH CARE MARKETING REPORT, INC.
- Address: 4651 Woodstock Rd. , Suite 208-210, Roswell, GA 30075
- Our website address is: http://hmrpublicationsgroup.com
3) What Does This Policy Cover?
4) What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
5) What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact Us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 16.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 16 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 16 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, We am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way. For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 16.
6) What Personal Data Do You Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us):
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Business name;
- Payment information;
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our site, and the site you exit to;
- Information about your preferences and interests
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included.
7) How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account.
- Providing and managing your access to our Site.
- Personalizing and tailoring your experience on our Site.
- Supplying our products and services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalizing and tailoring our products and services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails, calls, and/or chat messages from you.
- Supplying you with information by email and post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails).
- Analyzing your use of our Site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our Site and your user experience.
We may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone with information, news, and offers on our products and/or services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Third Parties whose content appears on our Site may use third-party Cookies, as detailed below in Part 14. Please refer to Part 14 for more information on controlling cookies. Please note that we do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data that they collect and use themselves, and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
8) How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- We retain your account information until you tell us you want your account deleted, with the exception of information we are required to keep in order to comply with our legal obligations.
9) How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We store your personal data in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including system log files, back end databases, email archives and analytics systems. This is needed to process contest entries, process and ship your order and collect payment.
10) Do You Share My Personal Data?
Your personal data is only shared when necessary to complete your order transactions and to gather certain interest, demographics, and audience data to support educationaladvertisingawards.com and HMR Publications Group’s marketing efforts. All information is never sold or traded with other parties.
SHARING WITHIN THE HMR PUBLICATIONS GROUP CORPORATE FAMILY
SHARING WITH PARTNERS
When we share personal information with certain third-party partners, including but not limited to marketing and advertising partners, award and trophy suppliers, that information includes your name, email address and other information enabling partners to:
assist you in using our products and services,
contact you with offers, services or products that may be of interest to you, and
provide you with their products or services.
If you are located in a jurisdiction where such sharing requires your permission, we will only do so with your consent. Please note that if you access our services through a tool that hides your location, such as through a virtual private network, you may not receive our request for permission because we were not able to identify you as being located in a jurisdiction where your permission is required.
Further, our partners are prohibited from using your contact information for any purpose beyond those set forth above without your consent. We will not provide our partners with your credit card information. Further information about certain partners we share personal information with is available here.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND VENDORS
Occasionally, we enter into contracts with carefully selected third parties so that they can assist us in servicing you (for example, providing you with customer service, fraud detection and deterrence or access to advertising assets and providing us with information technology and storage services) or to assist us in our own marketing and advertising activities (including providing us with analytic information and search engine optimization services). Additional information about certain third-party service providers we share personal information with is available here. Our contracts with such third parties prohibit them from using any of your personal information for any purpose beyond the purpose for which it was shared.
If you purchase a product or service from a third party through one of our brands, we will pass your personal information to such third party in order for them to fulfill your order.
We also share non-personal information with certain third parties, including the media, industry observers, marketing and advertising partners, vendors, customers, potential customers or partners. For example, we disclose mobile search trends, email open rates by industry, campaign best practices or the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our websites or evaluated or purchased our products and services.
11) How Can I Control My Personal Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails).
12) Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
13) How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”. All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 16.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
15) Embedded content from other websites
16) How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details (for the attention of Controller):
- Email address: email@example.com
- Telephone number: 770-457-6106
- Address: 4651 Woodstock Rd., Suite 208-210, Roswell, GA 30075
17) Changes to this Privacy Notice
We will change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.